The Metal3 community is an open-source community dedicated to the advancement of the Metal3 project, a Kubernetes-based solution for managing bare metal infrastructure as code. Leveraging Kubernetes and tools like Ironic, Metal3 allows users to treat physical machines like virtual machines, simplifying provisioning, management, and scalability of bare metal resources.
If you want to learn more about the Metal3 community or get involved in the project, you can visit their official community page at Community Resources.
- Familiarize yourself with the Metal3 repositories on GitHub.
- Follow the documentation to set up your development environment. This will allow you to test your changes locally before submitting them.
- Join community calls and mailing list to engage in discussions with the members of the metal3 community.
- Join Ironic Community for steps on how to contribute.
- Check out community resources page to find out more.
- Review existing issues, feature requests, and ongoing discussions to find areas where you can contribute.
- Introduce yourself and be patient while waiting for your PR to be reviewed.
- If it's your first time contributing, look for issues with good first issue labels.
- Ask questions and seek clarifications when needed.
- Review the Metal3 project's existing issues.
- Review Ironic Bugs to contribute to the Ironic project.